MBM ScienceBridge GmbH evaluates, protects and commercializes inventions of higher education institutions and research facilities. It was founded as a private company and wholly owned subsidiary of the University of Göttingen Public Law Foundation in 2004.
Since 2007, it has attended to not only Göttingen University but also other higher education institutions in Lower Saxony. Our current customers include the following institutions:
- Georg August University of Göttingen
- University of Hildesheim
- Leuphana University of Lüneburg
- Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences
- Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaft und Kunst Hildesheim/ Holzminden/Göttingen University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Hochschule Hannover University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Foundation
- Institut für Nanophotonik Göttingen e.V.
- Clausthal University of Technology
We see our mission in the motivation of scientists to also look at their own research results from the perspective of an economically relevant invention and to report such to the employer as an employee invention.
We check the inventions so reported for their patentability and economic potential on behalf of the respective higher education institution or research facility.
In the case of promising inventions, we coordinate the application for an intellectual property right with external patent lawyers who are specialised in the relevant field.
We subsequently present such inventions worldwide to companies in order to identify partners who are interested in developing the invention into a product and placing the product onto the market. If a suitable company can be convinced in terms of contents and won as a partner, we will negotiate a licence agreement with the company on behalf of the higher education institution or research facility and then manage and monitor the licence agreement during the following years.